[Opensim-dev] Multi-region OAR format

Oren Hurvitz orenh at kitely.com
Fri Jul 20 15:41:14 UTC 2012

There are two big advantages. First, sometimes a group of regions comprises
a logical, indivisible unit. E.g., RPG groups often create their world
using many regions. Saving and loading their data in a single file is far
more convenient than having to load each OAR separately. This is my
motivation for this feature. The second advantage is that this way we don't
have to duplicate the assets in each region, which would lead to massive
waste in storage and load/save time.