[Opensim-dev] Create user and spaces in the first and last names

Stanley Yip stanley.c.yip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 01:29:15 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I've Googled, read and tested locally as much as a I can and I'd like to
confirm that some things on usernames in OpenSim.

*The context*
I used a clean Sim On A Stick (v0.7.2) instance and used the server command
console to run 'create user' and found that,

- does not accept spaces in first or last names
- does accept apostrophes and hyphens in first and last names

*The question*
- Is the inclusion of spaces in first and last name something that can be
updated in the core code?

The project I'm working on is happy to look at paying for this development
work to happen.

Thanks.

*Stanley Yip*

Learning Media Developer Gameplay, PLANE
Digital Education Revolution

p: 02 9806 1165

m: 0412 663 662

e: stanley.yip at det.nsw.edu.au