[Opensim-dev] using LSL functions from a region module

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:59:59 UTC 2012

The regression tests in OpenSim/Region/ScriptEngine/Shared/Tests/LSL_ApiTest.cs do instantiate an LSL_Api for testing
purposes.  This might work in other contexts.

But you probably are better off directly making the calls that LSL_Api is making directly.  If LSL_Api was performing
considerable non-script related logic for setting cameras then that would be a candidate for moving else (e.g. to a
module) but on a quick scan it doesn't like this is the case.  However, the direct calls are effectively to internals
rather than APIs which can also change.

On 02/02/12 17:36, Melanie wrote:
> LSL_Api is for script use. It doesn't live in the normal opensim
> space. You could probably tweak things enough to instantiate a
> usable copy, but that would be unsupported and ay break in the
> future. Frankly, it's more trouble than it's worth.
>
> Melanie
>
> On 02/02/2012 18:34, CJ Davies wrote:
>> On 02/02/2012 05:31 PM, Melanie wrote:
>>> You cannot call any code in LSL_Api.cs. Anything you need from there
>>> needs to be duplicated.
>>>
>>> Melanie
>>
>> Thanks Melanie. Is the reason as I suspect one to do with scope? Or are
>> there more complex things at play?
>>
>> Regards,
>> CJ Davies

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)