[Opensim-dev] SaveChangedAttachments on RemoveClient

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Wed Feb 1 05:10:17 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,

In case I don't see you in the IRC, could you please look into what's
going on in AttachmentsModule.SaveChangedAttachments, specifically
commit 8880ae and 62b3e7 both on 2011/9/13.
That method is being called when avies leave the sims, and, as is, it's
saving the attachments independent on whether they were changed or not
(when they have scripts). The assetID in inventory is being changed.
This screws up inventory when the avie is visiting other grids, because
the assetID at that point exists only in the visited grid, and is not
being posted back.

I would fix it, but I don't know what the intentions of that code are...
It seems very odd that attachments are always being recreated when avies
leave sims.

Thanks.