[Opensim-dev] Considerations regarding long term development

Pi And Company piandcompany at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:20:12 UTC 2011

Not to discourage awesomeness, but wouldn't it sort of make sence to try to
intergrate at least a groups module into the core opensim server? It seems
quite obvious to do as nearly every client for OS allows for groups (and
most installs for things like the grid's actually have them installed, its
just another hurtle to jump).

Maybe a distro. of OS that has FloatSam Groups, Economy, Profiles, Search,
WiFi, and other mod. already built in/ready to go.

Jason

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM, <bo at s-grid.net> wrote:

> Please,
> do not discourage the devs from doing  good work during the release
> process.
> It has nothing to do with project status.
>
> Thank you, Bo
>
> On Thursday 22 of September 2011 16:12:59 Mike Chase wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 15:33 +0200, Melanie wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > at this time we are refactoring and consolidating and fixing bugs.
> > > Enhancements will almost always be in modules and fully optional, so
> > > using OpenSim as a basis for something else is viable.
> > >
> > > Melanie
> >
> > So, I have to ask..  This sounds like maintenance.  If so why is the
> > project still considered Alpha?
> >
> > Mike

The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential
If you have received this message in error, please delete this message from
your system and notify the sender immediately.