[Opensim-dev] GridCommon Idea

Pi And Company piandcompany at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 01:34:12 UTC 2011

Also to throw out there, Floatsam groups, DTL/NSL Money
Server<http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/modules/xpwiki/?OpenSim%2FMoneyServer>
and
WiFi for OS all work fine in RC1 on ubun. 10.04-32b

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Justin Clark-Casey <
jjustincc at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 22/09/11 02:02, Melanie wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is a "default ruth"? Ruth is Ruth is Ruth, isn't she?
>>

> Yes.  "default Ruth" is technically redundant.
>

>> Do you mean a new default avatar facility? And, if so, what makes
>> the new different from the one that is there now?
>>

> Unlike viewer 1, to get a viewer 2/3 to show a Ruth out of the box, it's
> necessary on a vanilla OpenSim that the user inventory contains the
> necessary body parts and clothing and that they are worn.  Otherwise there
> is also an intermediate state where an avatar can be naked, which is not
> something I think that we want to put people through.
>
> There were some facilities to create avatars via RemoteAdmin but this was
> not sufficient for these purposes.
>
> This stuff is only created by default on standalone and is toggleable by a
> switch.
>

>> Melanie
>>
>> On 22/09/2011 02:51, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think this is a bad idea, maybe we can do that in the future.
>>>
>>> And thanks for the rc1 report.  Hoping to put rc2 out soon and this will
>>> have more publicity.  Unfortunately, OpenSim
>>> being what it is, rc2 will still contain a lot of additional bug fixes
>>> and a new default Ruth facility.

> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> http://justincc.org/blog
> http://twitter.com/justincc

The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential
If you have received this message in error, please delete this message from
your system and notify the sender immediately.