[Opensim-dev] OpenSim 0.7.2-rc1 source and binary packages now available

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:32:10 UTC 2011

Maybe next time.  Approaching 1.0.0 sets a certain kind of expectation, so I'm not keen on point number upgrades.
There's no reason that we couldn't go through 0.9, 0.10, 0.11, etc. but this doesn't seem to sit well with people.

On 10/09/11 11:16, Ai Austin wrote:

>> From: Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com>
>> OpenSimulator 0.7.2-rc1 source and binary packages are now available at http://dist.opensimulator.org.
>

> Excellent, thanks Justin.
>
> A thought.. given this release really is a bigger and gives support for the first time to a lot of Viewer 2/3 things,
> mesh, etc.... and its incompatible with 0.7.0.2 and earlier TP and HG (pretty big issue for anyone thinking its just a
> minor upgrade in the 0.7 series), would it be worth calling this 0.8.0?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc