[Opensim-dev] Wiki: Captcha, anyone?

Argus argus at archimuh.de
Wed Oct 12 20:58:29 UTC 2011

Hi.

from experiance from phpbb and other forum software, the best spam
blocking is to change the registration page. The Spambots always asume
that the software uses the same html code. Example, when registering in
a phpbb board one needs to agree to the boardrules, the agreement input
field is "agreed", change that to agreeed and the spambots cant manage
to send the agreement.
  This requires a smal change in the registeration html and php code but
is more affective than any addon. Bots simply try to use what is
commonly used by most users and that includes the available addons.

I asume the wiki could allso be fixed with this kind of codechange.

Michelle Argus