[Opensim-dev] Continual object update resends if acks are missed

Lake, Dan dan.lake at intel.com
Wed Oct 12 17:50:43 UTC 2011

Justin,
  Are you seeing duplicate serial numbered packets arriving at the viewer? What is the packet type of those packets? After the patch you mentioned, we no longer save any entity update or property packets so they cannot be resent. Instead, the update is requeued into the entity update and eventually a new packet (with new serial number) will be built and sent. Knowing the type of packet being resent will help to determine the cause. Thanks,

~Dan