[Opensim-dev] Any way for the server to get the viewer to send some information to another process on the client PC?

Edmund Edgar lists at edochan.com
Fri Nov 11 10:55:00 UTC 2011

On 11 November 2011 18:31, Melanie <melanie at t-data.com> wrote:
> The easiest way would be to make your bitcoin client open port 80 on
> your local host (or another port) for localhost use only. Then a
> script could send you to
> 127.0.0.1:xxxx/pay?to=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx or
> similar and you complete the transaction onn this locally served
> html page.

Actually I wasn't really thinking there would be an LSL script
involved at all - I was hoping for some kind of way for the money
module to send a message.

For example, Fumi Iseki's version of the money module code
http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/svn/opensim/opensim.currency/trunk/OpenSim.Forge.Currency/MoneyModule.cs
...has things like:
 remoteClient.SendAgentAlertMessage("Unable to buy now. You don't have
sufficient funds", false);
...which presumably sends a message to the client, which the client
displays to the user.

In my dreams, I could do something like:
 remoteClient.SendArbitraryHTTPMessageToSomethingListeningOnLocalPort("9876","1234
BTC,1Q4uC95NvGSw3JrmFAcc4ZDRDNGZ2u3bFT");
...or maybe:
 remoteClient.WriteToLogWeMadeUpJustForThisPurpose("bitcoin_transaction_request.log","1234
BTC,1Q4uC95NvGSw3JrmFAcc4ZDRDNGZ2u3bFT");

But maybe I could somehow create an LSL script and make the client run it...

The GridProxy thing is an interesting thought - it occurs to me that
I'd also need to pass BitCoin addresses from the BitCoin client to the
server, and associate them with the logged-in avatar, and it could
help with things in that direction too.

--
Edmund Edgar
Founder, KK Social Minds