[Opensim-dev] Proposal: cache compiled scripts across serverrestarts

drwhiet at spacefriends.de drwhiet at spacefriends.de
Mon Jun 20 17:12:12 UTC 2011

Melanie, TY for clarifying this.

    ;# {TrustBinaries} {AllowScriptCrossing:true} {Accept compiled binary
script code? (DANGEROUS!)} {true false} false
    ;; Allow compiled script binary code to cross region boundaries.
    ;; If you set this to "true", any region that can teleport to you can
    ;; inject ARBITRARY BINARY CODE into your system. Use at your own risk.
    ;; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    ; TrustBinaries = false

One question .. What could be that arbitrary binary code if someone has e.g.
only some OSL commands
like Allow_osCauseHealing or Allow_osCauseDamage enabled ? Or can bad C
scripts (or whatever language llowed) be executed ?
I would really love to speedup TP`s ..

Best regards
Wordfromthe Wise