[Opensim-dev] Best approach for Vanilla Opensim region module to create and manipulate scene objects.

Gould, Simon Simon.Gould at eads.com
Mon Jan 31 14:33:20 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I am new to Opensim development and was hoping I could "pick your
brains" about how to best go about creating a region module, using the
Vanilla Opensim c# API, that will create and manipulate objects within a
scene.

I have taken a look at the documentation and also seen the Python Modrex
visualisation of a Software project from source control. Unfortunately I
am not very familiar with the Opensim API or Python and we want to avoid
complicating the project by adding in extensions.

What we have is a simple region module based on the Hello world example
(I couldn't get the updated mechanism to work).

Where I am struggling is with the loading and copying of the objects.
What we want is to have a set of persistent defined objects stored
somewhere, then to create a number of these in the scene e.g. ObjA, ObjB
and ObjC are stored somewhere, we create 3 objAs and 2 objBs and connect
them together using ObjCs.

Any help, advice or pointers on how to best achieve this would be great.
Thanks in advance for any help.