[Opensim-dev] Naming of file OpenSimDefaults.ini

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:37:35 UTC 2011

On 21/01/11 12:48, Ai Austin wrote:
>  > While looking at that area, I see an old script there opensim-ode.sh ...
>
>> From: Teravus Ovares <teravus at gmail.com>
>> Most people do not realize that they need to use ulimit to adjust their
>> stack space or risk a stack collision. If you notice, the script does that
>> for you.
>

> Good point, noted Teravus.
>
> I wonder though still if Melanie can consider if OpenSimDefault.ini can/should be renamed to OpenSim.Defaults.ini with
> the extra dot without too much hassle ahead of a branching to 0.7.1 RC

I think you could argue that something like OpenSim.ini.example is so named only because it's an example file.
OpenSimDefaults.ini has more in common with config-include/StandaloneCommon,ini, which is a file full of defaults that
normal uses should pretty much never be changing.

Having said that, I'm not enormously bothered either way.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog