[Opensim-dev] fyi: config get and config save commands

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 22 00:57:02 UTC 2011

People might already know this, but today I discovered the "config get" and "config save" commands on the region console
and slightly improved them.

config get [<section>] [<key>] - can print out from the current config either a specific key, a whole section or everything.
config save <path> - will save the current config to a file.

These commands can be useful for diagnosing problems, especially as configuration is a result of putting together many
files (OpenSimDefaults,ini, StandaloneCommon.ini, OpenSim.ini, etc.).

I also updated http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Server_Commands though as usual the best place to find console command
information is via "help" on the console.

I also hear that the OpenSim.Tools.Configger.exe can do much the same thing (print out the aggregation of all the
included config files).  This has the advantage of working even when OpenSim won't start up.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog