[Opensim-dev] [SIMIAN MAPTILE] - generalize to a core function?

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:39:19 UTC 2011

Simian isn't doing anything special. It takes the existing map images that
are generated (no changes at all to the map generator, it uses what ever is
already configured) and *also* pushes a copy up to the grid frontend for
inclusion in the map functions there.

The module I added moves the code that used to be in the
SimianGridServiceConnector (when it was a full region module) out into a
region module of its own. When we converted the SimianGridServiceConnector
into a "real" connector, we lost the handle to the scene & that was
functionality that should have been in a separate module anyway.

That being said... all that module does right now is "every so often" it
asks the existing map tile generator to generate a tile, converts it to a
png and uploads it to the simian grid service point.

Ai: The same basic structure could be used to push other data to other
locations... but its probably easier to just copy the module for your
specific requirements since the location of the data in this case is pretty
much the only "interesting" functionality in that module.

--mic