[Opensim-dev] remote admoin wiki page

Argus argus at archimuh.de
Sat Dec 10 16:11:10 UTC 2011

Justin, could you have a glance at the patched RemoteAdminPlugin.cs I
posted in Mantis ( http://www.opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=5814
)? I didnt test the code yet and there is still some cleaning up to do,
also the summaries need updates...etc...

For all RA function that check for regions I added a new  general
function SceneContainsRegion(). For now all 5 found versions of
region_id would pass through there and also the region_name is then
available to all RA functions. I also added a log warning for those
region_id parameter that will be deprecated.

Advantage:
- less code
- common error warnings when region not found
- easier to remove deprecated region_id versions
- all RemoteAdmin functions checking scenes use parameters region_id
_and_ region_name.

Disatvantage:
- a view RA function get a diffrent error message with the same meaning
when the region is not found

Before I create a patch, I would like to get some feedback if adding the
new function is the right direction...

NB: I finaly managed to update the RemoteAdmin wiki pages.