[Opensim-dev] Roadmap To Beta

Akira Sonoda akira.sonoda.1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:42:35 UTC 2011

> It can be bumped up to beta, that would make a big difference:
>
> A lot of discussion was going on in world and all of the
> discussion ended with the conclusion: "This is beta Software, you
> have to be prepared for such changes".

:-)

Quote from an email exchange i had with justincc "I do appreciate the
problems that this change causes.  However, as you point out, this is
alpha software.  If this was labelled beta then I would agree with
you."

Therefore I think everybody is quite aware of the meaning of the Beta
state and it would make a difference. And as I figured out in my
request for a roadmap. Addressing more of those compatibility breaks (
if there are any more ) should be part of the roadmap.