[Opensim-dev] Extract OAR Files

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:11:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Levi Martson
<levi.martson at immersiveeducation.org> wrote:
> Is there any way to extract the oar file from a OpenSim 0.6.9 instance
> without having to setup the database and run the .exe file? I moved files
> from one computer to another, and need to extract the OAR file without
> running the instance.

unless you run the sim and create an OAR there is no way to have an
OAR to "extract"
if you don't have the other computer available then have fun
rebuilding your content by hand.

Can you give details on what setup you have?? if you have one of the
"portable" type setup you may be able to just run and go otherwise you
will need a dump of the old database and an intact fileset from the
old setup.

--
Robert L Martin