[Opensim-dev] ScienceSim DSG testing - Wednesday 9AM PDT (UTC-7)

Lake, Dan dan.lake at intel.com
Wed Aug 3 01:39:55 UTC 2011

This is a reminder about the ScienceSim DSG testing tomorrow morning on ScienceSim. It's taking place at 9AM PDT (UTC-7). Please select region "cm900" if you are on the US west coast, otherwise use region "cma00". The regions have around 100,000 prims and 800 avatars so it may take at least 3-5 minutes for the content to load and the correct updates to be displayed on the viewer.

Other details are in the original message below. I hope to many of you there.

Thanks,

~Dan

___

I would like to invite opensim devs and residents of other grids to visit ScienceSim Wednesday morning when we're going to put up some DSG regions. We would like to test it with more 'real' clients with a variety of connections, systems and viewers.

When: Wednesday August 3rd, 9-11 AM PDT (UTC-7)
Where: Login or HG directly to the load test regions:
    US West Coast "cm900/100/100/30"
    Other Geos: "cma00/100/100/30"
Hypergrid:
    US West Coast: http://grid.sciencesim.com/grid/hypergrid.php cm900
    Other Geos:    http://grid.sciencesim.com/grid/hypergrid.php cma00

Viewer settings: Recommend setting viewer network limit to 2000kbps or higher, view distance to 512m, max prim detail. SL Viewer 2 usually crashes when connecting. We have had good luck with Imprudence 1.4/1.5 beta.

Details: We are running 2x2 regions with a city environment and 800 connected test clients. The regions have ~110,000 prims, mostly avatar attachments. Login above 30 meters or you may end up under the city but you can use the map to teleport up. Chatting, walking, flying, region crossing, building and other "basics" are working. Sitting may cause you to get stuck. Allow a few minutes for all of the city, avatars and attachments to load.

If you connect during the 2 hour test, please send me a message to let me know what times you were there, information about your connection type, viewer version, system specs, and what your experience was like.

Thanks,

~Dan

Dan Lake
Software Engineer