[Opensim-dev] WxServices

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Apr 25 11:20:08 UTC 2011

So, if I understand this correctly, it's a unifying framework to
load http(s) handlers into either a rubust shell or a region server
without having to make it a full region module?

I believe this is overcomplicating things. If a web service is
written as a ROBUST handler/service, no shim is needed between
ROBUST and it. It would only need a shim to load it into a region
server and that shim could be (and maybe should be) trivially added
to core.

I see no point in a middleware that abstracts and API by, more or
less, simply renaming it.

Can you explain what this is meant to facilitate and why new names
for established APIs are needed?

Melanie