[Opensim-dev] If MIcrosoft buys LL, impact on OpenSIm?

Daniel Smith javajoint at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 23:07:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Melanie <melanie at t-data.com> wrote:

> I can't see MS continuing with OpenSource viewers, and I can't see
> them supporting any platform other than Windows for the closed
> viewer they would come up with.
>
> I would most certainly liquidate my assets and leave if that were
> happening.
>
> Melanie

The core thing I care about is not so much what MS would do with SL....  I
just dont want to see them trying to do anything to OpenSim.  It's all
speculaton, of course.   Recent events (Oracle, and what they are doing to
Sun/Java/Google) prompt my question.

Daniel

--
Daniel Smith - Sonoma County, California
http://daniel.org/resume