[Opensim-dev] Second Life Beta Viewer 2.2.0.210127 Badness

Serendipity Seraph sseraph at me.com
Sat Sep 25 07:19:20 UTC 2010

I used to see something like this in SL on earlier 2.0 viewers.  If I used a 3rd party non-2.0 viewer and went back I would loose various attachments and things - like being in a different outfit or partial outfit.  They seem to have fixed such in SL.   Why would you want the 2.0 viewer in OpenSim though?  Media on prim is not here yet, right?

I am enjoying the new Phoenix viewer in both OpenSim and SL lately.  It is not a 2.0 viewer but has much of the best of Emerald without the bad parts that got them in trouble.     It has much better graphics than the default Hippo viewer on OpenSim grids.  And it doesn't place viewer 2.0 limits on you in OpenSim.

- s