[Opensim-dev] How is done inventory auth?

Impalah Shenzhou impalah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:51:15 UTC 2010

Hi:

In the old days of opensim (versions < 0.6) when I needed to call an
inventory service (getFolder, Create...) I always had to send a SessionID
parameter, which was created on login (or auth...) and is unique for an user
while he/she is connected.

The functions on the "new" interface (IInventoryService) used for the
inventory connectors (grid.ini, InventoryServices parameter) haven't got the
Session parameter. The implementations of XInventory and Simian use that
interface so I think this is the standard: no auth at all.

So my question is: how a grid "inventory" server (call it robust or
whatever) checks that an inventory request is "secure"?

I am only interested in "code base" security, that is, if configuring
opensim (.ini) for using the component X will activate the interface
IAuthInventoryXXXX.

Thanks