[Opensim-dev] Problem with the bots

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Tue Sep 7 03:46:51 UTC 2010

A comparison of 0.6.9 and 0.7.0.1 is written up at
http://www.sciencesim.com/wiki/doku.php/vwperf/stress_profile_20100820 .
The stress tests themselves are being made available  at
http://www.sciencesim.com/wiki/doku.php/vwperf/scalability_tests .

We use a modified version of TestClient to create all the wandering bots for
the stress tests. One of the significant TestClient modifications is
increasing the baking timeout values to several minutes to give it time to
let everyone bake without baking retries.

The avatar stress test referenced above logs in 25 bots and waits a minute
before starting another TestClient to log in another 25. The previous 25 are
barely baking before the next are starting to log in.  That's one TestClient
image per 25 bots -- the 25 bots will free up their baking image memory and
settle down to wandering in about 5 minutes. I usually run three client
systems to drive the simulator and rotate between them starting 100 (25*4)
bots on each.

-- mb