[Opensim-dev] Problem with the bots

it at nii.ac.jp it at nii.ac.jp
Mon Sep 6 10:01:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

Actually I would like to know a little bit more about the test you have done to assess the number of bot that can be runned on a simulation.
My main concern is the time we have to wait to log several bot.

Indeed, I can log bots and ensure their appearance will be Ok, but it requires a lot of time. (in OpenSim 0.7.0), for instance, to log 25 bots, it takes me almost 10 minutes if I want everybody to be baked.

I am using the Testclient Object (inherited from GridClient).
What about the time it took you to have 100 avatars on a sim ?
And another question, according to http://www.sciencesim.com/wiki/doku.php/vwperf/profiling_069_070
The test have been made on 6.9  ?
What about 7.0 ?

Thanks a lot for your help