[Opensim-dev] Signing content to prevent malicous creator spoofing was "Re: Global identifiers"

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 03:34:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Robert G. Jakabosky
<bobby at sharedrealm.com>wrote:

> Changed subject to reflect new topic, sorry for thread hijacking.  I should
> have started a new thread.

As Diva pointed out to me (maybe in a private email) this discussion ONLY
affects the goals of HG2.0 NOT the present HG1.5!

HG 1.5 makes NO attempt to provide ANY DRM, merely to prevent a malicious
host grid/world from stealing content from visitors!

This conversation is essential to HG 2.0, but has NO relevance to the
current goal of making HG 1.5 work correctly!

Karen