[Opensim-dev] Stable 0.7.x Dev -> 0.7.1?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 14 00:19:25 UTC 2010

On 12/10/10 22:04, Ai Austin wrote:
> I see the OS Grid folks are planning the move to 0.7 and HG1.5 which is
> great news.
>
> I noted that their installed version will include MOAP so must be from
> the dev branch rather than the stable 0.7.0.2 release.
>
> I wonder if the dev path is considered stable enough now that a new
> 0.7.1 version can be tagged to include the recent improvements with
> MOAP, etc? This would help those of us who try to follow the stable
> releases to get onto the versions with these important features and help
> in link ups on HG1.5.

The major thing holding me back from proposing that we start the 0.7.1 process (apart from lack of time) is the fact
that newly created avatars can never have their appearance changed from viewer 2 instance, since they lack the core set
of body parts/clothing and viewer 2 does not provide a Ruth/default avatar.

Personally, I would like to see this addressed before a 0.7.1 release.  I actually hope to take a look at it soon-ish.
Alternatively, a release could be branched and then the issue addressed, particularly if there are any major changes for
master on the horizon.  We seem to be in reasonable shape at the moment.

> Are we changing the MySWQL ddll library version back to the one that
> caused the problems in th transitions when we first went to 0.7? I
> assume the time out we were getting could still be a problem... and hope
> the OSGrid folks have noted that issue if they use a version from the
> dev path rather than the 0.7.0.x ones which still include the old MySQL
> dll. That was our biggest problem and need to roll back and transition
> manually with teh very first 0.7 version... 0.7.0.1 and 0.7.0.2 fixed
> that by reverting the .dll you will recall.

Yes, either the problem will be fixed or the library will be reverted for 0.7.1.  I hear that the OSGrid distro out
shortly may replace that master dll with the old one, even though it will be based off the master branch (and hence
contain moap).

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org