[Opensim-dev] OpenSim and Repast, Swarm,....

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:49:03 UTC 2010

On 29/11/10 21:51, Patrick Ernst wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Currently I am doing literature research for agent based modeling tools and frameworks.
> Eventually, I want to use abm frameworks like Repast, Swarm, etc. as backend and visualize
> the agents with OpenSim as frontend. However, I am not sure how I can 'connect' the
> backend technologies with the frontend.
>
> Do you know any tutorials, approaches, or projects which did that before?

You might want to see the very recent thread

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-dev/2010-November/009736.html

which gives a recap on this kind of thing.

In summary, there are quite a few options but many are very immature (the possible exception is techniques which purely
use LSL scripts to communicate with webservices, since I think quite a lot of that is already done on the Linden Lab grid).

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org