[Opensim-dev] Additional options for save oar/iar

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Mon Nov 29 19:47:21 UTC 2010

One additional piece of information for developers of alternative
storage backends:

In order to persist this additional creator information between sim
reboots, several data structures (SOP, InventoryItembase,
TaskInventoryItem) have now two additional Properties called CreatorData
and CreatorInformation that hold the creator information, which can then
be stored in your DB. This extra information won't break anything of
what you already have, but you need to grab one of them (the one that
makes more sense for your DB schema) it if you want to persist it.

Take a look at how I'm doing it in core's MySql -- diff
MySQLSimulationData, for example, and you'll see what happened there.

If there's anything that needs to be done in core that makes your life
easier, let me know. I'm also not married to that particular
representation that I chose to use.