[Opensim-dev] is there a regions.ini setting to select the estate?

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Nov 22 18:09:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

you can assign estate managers inworld, as you can in SL. Estate
owners can be set at the console when creating a region. The "Master
Avatar" of old has been completely removed as it wasn't future proof.

OpenSim is somewhat moving away from configuration through static
text files and with our drive to cut down on pointless options and
split the ones we do need better, there seems to be no need for yet
more text file options.

Maybe, if I knew what the objecttive is, e..g not "I want to set XXX
in my regions.ini", but "I want to achieve xxx", I could suggest
alternative routes to that or implement features that let you
achieve your goal without having to go backwards.

Melanie