[Opensim-dev] Diva Distro + Mono 2.8 + Mac 10.6.4? Login exception...

Daniel Smith javajoint at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:37:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Diva Canto <diva at metaverseink.com> wrote:

>  I've ran into this issue before with some students who were using Macs
> (not all). It seems to be a bug in mono for certain Mac versions. It affects
> OpenSim core. I can try to alleviate the issue in a future release. Please
> file a bug report.

Hmmm, ok I will on the bug report...

I'm soooo close to having a Mac USB Key install working!

Which versions of Mono are working for people with the combo of Diva Distro
+ Mac?
Is there anything inherent about the stock OpenSim distro that would make
this behave
differently?
Are there any OpenSim settings that could affect this?
Is there a pattern perhaps with virtual network adapters?  (Parallels,
VMWare, etc?)

I really want to find a workaround.  I think one thing I could do is put the
disk image up
(most likely tomorrow.. some cleanup + upload time) and see if it does work
on anyones
Mac... that would give a lead as to the problem.

I've organized everything under /Volumes/MacSimStick/usr/local  (mono is in
bin),
so it will be easy to swap components in and out...

thanks for any leads,

Daniel

Please reference the paste at: http://tinypaste.com/0c26bd