[Opensim-dev] GPL / BSD licensing dangers

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 11:18:40 UTC 2010

Would anyone be able to tell me about the warning for any one person not to
work on both the OpenSim source and a viewer such as Hippo?  I understand
that there are licensing differences (BSD vs GPL respectively) and that
direct inclusion of GPL code in a BSD project breaks the GPL license.
 Surely you could guard against such direct inclusion?  Does this extend to
region modules and mini-region modules?  I'm in the position of wanting to
make changes to the viewer and also to write MRMs or other modules.

--
Neil Canham