[Opensim-dev] bin\http_loginform.html in 0.7 RC1

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 19:57:42 UTC 2010

>Melanie <melanie at t-data.com>
>
> >My custom HTML login page operational in
> >0.6.98 is no longer showing up... though it is present at
> >hough it is present at ...bin\http_loginform.html as usual and I am
> >using the usual -loginpage
> >http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002/?method=login
>
> > I'm not aware 0.7 still supports the web login. There was only ONE
> > Linden viewer (1.16) that ever supported that, afaik. It was removed
> > by LL with 1.17.

Melanie, it would still be useful to provide a default splash page ..
one that is Opensim related... as otherwise the default bn SL viewers
is a Linden Labs page.  Its a pity to have to have all Opensim
providers to have to provide an HTML/Apache server JUST for this purpose.

I suggest that 0.7 restore the ability to use the
bin\http_loginform.html  page.. perhaps renamed... as I agree its not
a LOGIN page its just a splash page for the viewers.  Then people can
still customize it for their own grids... as we did in
bin\http_loginform.html   - which I have now provided for our own purposes at
http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue-grid.html