[Opensim-dev] Release 0.7 RC1 Test Feedback

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 09:36:32 UTC 2010

I separated the various issues I raised in my e-mails into separate
Mantis entries.. so I hope that is helpful to get things cleared
up.  If Diva, Melanie or other Devs can give me a pointer on the
items here it may help me make some progress in parallel to try to
clear up things as quickly as we can...

a) It would be useful if Diva/Melanie could check the 0.7 upgrade
notes in the Wiki which I amended to show valid entries for the MySQL
[mysqld] section which I believe now complies with the actual
variable names and limits the values to less than the upper end of
the range of values as described in the MySQL manual -
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7_Release#Before_you_upgrade

b) Using HG1.5 (Robust.HG.ini) I am not able to connect to the usual
3 places I usually do in my working 90.6.9 grid system (on
NewWorldGrid and UCI Gateway 3000).  Is this expected and all places
must also be running HG 1.5 or should I try to track down why the
link-regions are failing?

c) Any thoughts on this one? My custom HTML login page operational in
0.6.98 is no longer showing up... though it is present at
though it is present at ...bin\http_loginform.html as usual and I am
using the usual -loginpage http://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002/?method=login

c) When Robust.exe starts up almost all things show as loading
correctly (after manually doing asset table column additions to get
round the migrations time out issues) except for this one.  Any
thoughts on where I should look to track down the issue?

2010-06-18 09:23:41,375 INFO - OpenSim.Server.OpenSimServer [SERVER]:
2010-06-18 09:23:41,375 INFO - OpenSim.Server.OpenSimServer [SERVER]:
Failed to load OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:XInventoryServiceInConnector