[Opensim-dev] Release 0.7 RC1 Test Feedback

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 19:41:23 UTC 2010

Given Frank's observations and Alex's comments, I suggest we clear
this up before we all waste time on fruitless migration attempts. It
needs a RC2 with the MySQL dll the dev team decide its best to use,
and then with consistent data base connection string parameters (Old
Guid or not), migrations from 0.6.x, MySQL config file changes,
etc.   I would be happy to try again when you feel its useful to do
so to get feedback.  I have a working 0.6.9 grid mode setup with URM
(R=AI) and 12 regions, 10000 assets and 12 avatars with inventory
which I can easily set up to test the transition to 0.7 and then move
back to 0.6.9 after tests.

Thanks to Diva, Alex, Frank and the others for getting this far.  My
feeling is that the faults occur were all things that looks to be
solvable with some effort.  Though my 0.7 avatar is now Ruth with no
inventory and no ability to hypertravel :-)

>From: Frank Nichols <j.frank.nichols at gmail.com>
>
>The use of the MysqlScript class is at the heart of most of the problems I
>have seen with the migration of mysql databases from 0.6.9 to 0.7.0. The
>problem seems to be that the default command timeout value for processing a
>sql statement with this class is 30 seconds, which is far to short to alter
>a table inserting a column when there are hundreds of thousands of rows in
>that table.

I only have 10,000 assets and the migration takes over 2 minutes for
one assets table column addition and 1 minute for theassets table
second column add when done manually in the MySQL command line
client.  If we have millions of assets it could take some hours.