[Opensim-dev] Release 0.7 RC1 Test Feedback

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 18:34:51 UTC 2010

At 18:26 Diva Canto <diva at metaverseink.com> 8/06/2010,10 10:26:57 -0700
>One thing that would help enormously would be for the people who run
>into trouble with this MySql driver to try it with the old one and
>report back. You can find the old driver in the 0.6.x installations.
>It's called MySql.Data.dll. To use it, drop the old one into the 0.7rc1
>bin, clean, rebuild and run. (don't forget to drop any columns you have
>added manually and reset the version of the AssetStore back to 7). Note
>that the old driver doesn't understand the "Old Guids" config var, so
>that needs to be removed from the connection strings.

Hi Diva.... I tried the 0.6.0 version of MySql.Data.dll. pit into
/bin of a clean 0.7 RC1 unzip, runprebuild.bat and compile.bat.. and
the launched on on a clean working 0.6.9 MySQL data base.  But when I
ran it it complained about the manifest being wrong and .net
stuff.  I had the Old Guids var in the MySQL connection string when I
tried though.  I did not take notes as it was just a quick test.

I will try again on Monday and keep logs to report nack.  But top
make that attempt productive, is it as simple as the drop of the
MySql.Data.dll into the 0.7 unzip bin dir and then rebuild from
scratch, dropping the Old Guids config var only, or must some
manifest file be altered too?

By the way, where are the migration SQL commands kept.. which file
are they in, or are they embedded in Robust.exe and Opensim.exe?