[Opensim-dev] Release 0.7 RC1 Test Feedback

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Fri Jun 18 17:26:57 UTC 2010

One thing that would help enormously would be for the people who run
into trouble with this MySql driver to try it with the old one and
report back. You can find the old driver in the 0.6.x installations.
It's called MySql.Data.dll. To use it, drop the old one into the 0.7rc1
bin, clean, rebuild and run. (don't forget to drop any columns you have
added manually and reset the version of the AssetStore back to 7). Note
that the old driver doesn't understand the "Old Guids" config var, so
that needs to be removed from the connection strings.

If more people report #fail with the new MySql.Data.dll and #success
with the old one, then I'll put the old one back -- at least in the
official 0.7 distribution.

As far as I understand it, the new driver was added because it supports
stored procedures [better?]; stored procedures will allow us to speed up
some things. But 0.7 still doesn't have any stored procedures, so the
new capabilities are mute.