[Opensim-dev] Opensim 0.7 use of port 82

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:30:56 UTC 2010

At 15:21 18/06/2010, Michael Cerquoni <nebadon2025 at gmail.com> wrote:
>This is actually a mistake in GridCommon.ini that I have had to have the
>Devs fix before, some how this mistake has crept back in via one of the devs
>Example files, it needs to be removed from the GridCommon.ini.Example the
>Entire Groups connector section at the bottom, this was initially for
>SimianGrid, but is no longer needed for setting up groups, this is now set
>in the SimianGrid.ini, if any dev sees this please fix asap, thanks!
>
>On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What is port 82 used for?  And does it need to be opened through the
> > firewall for SL Viewer connections?

GridCommon.ini is NOT a file that is changed so there is not a
.example version Nebadon.  It just needs altering in the master file
for the release.

Anyway, as a test I commented out the [groups] section an dthe line
referring to port 82 in GridCommon.ini but now Opensim.exe crashes
when a viewer client connects (it did not before) so I assume its
trying to pick up something rather than the Flotsam group setup I had
working for 0.6.9 and for which I included the settings again in
Opensim.ini.  I must have one of the parameters wrong.  The ol;y
error (unrelated but linked to why I cannot yet see Avatar inventory
I assume) in Robust.exe, and then the crash in opensim.exe with the follwoing:

Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.
    at
OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.GroupsModule.GetGroupTitle(UUID
avatarID

Robust.exe - Robust.log

2010-06-18 16:14:55,961 INFO  - OpenSim.Server.OpenSimServer
[SERVER]: Loading XInventoryServiceInConnector
2010-06-18 16:14:55,962 INFO  - OpenSim.Server.OpenSimServer
[SERVER]: Failed to load
OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:XInventoryServiceInConnector

Opensim.exe - Opensim.log at ppitn of client viewer login...

16:21:56 - [GROUPS-MESSAGING]: Could not get
IGroupsServicesConnector, GroupsMessagingModule is now disabled.
16:21:56 - [GROUPS]: Could not get IGroupsServicesConnector

010-06-18 16:15:55,566 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to
an instance of an object.
    at
OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.GroupsModule.GetGroupTitle(UUID
avatarID) in
d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\OptionalModules\Avatar\XmlRpcGroups\GroupsModule.cs:line
757
    at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence..ctor(IClientAPI
client, Scene world, RegionInfo reginfo) in
d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\ScenePresence.cs:line 692
    at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.ScenePresence..ctor(IClientAPI
client, Scene world, RegionInfo reginfo, AvatarAppearance appearance)
in d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\ScenePresence.cs:line 724
    at
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.SceneGraph.CreateAndAddChildScenePresence(IClientAPI
client, AvatarAppearance appearance) in
d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\SceneGraph.cs:line 540
    at
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.CreateAndAddScenePresence(IClientAPI
client) in d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\Scene.cs:line 3216
    at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.AddNewClient(IClientAPI
client) in d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\Scene.cs:line 2694
    at OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLClientView.Start() in
d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\LLClientView.cs:line 656
    at
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer.AddClient(UInt32
circuitCode, UUID agentID, UUID sessionID, IPEndPoint remoteEndPoint,
AuthenticateResponse sessionInfo) in
d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\LLUDPServer.cs:line 902
    at
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer.AddNewClient(UseCircuitCodePacket
useCircuitCode, IPEndPoint remoteEndPoint) in
d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\LLUDPServer.cs:line 872
    at
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer.HandleUseCircuitCode(Object
o) in d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\LLUDPServer.cs:line 826
    at
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer.PacketReceived(UDPPacketBuffer
buffer) in d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\LLUDPServer.cs:line 618
    at OpenMetaverse.OpenSimUDPBase.AsyncEndReceive(IAsyncResult iar)
in d:\Temp\OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\OpenSimUDPBase.cs:line 232
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode
code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object
result, IntPtr userToken)
    at
System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32
errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at
System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32
errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)