[Opensim-dev] Dev-Test Platform

LS Tinker tinker at lovejoysim.com
Sun Jun 13 14:38:33 UTC 2010

I may be overreaching, but I'd like to set up a local development and test
platform on my Mac by running the server inside a VMWare instance of Win 7
and running the viewer (Hippo or Meerkat) on the same Mac machine as an OSX
app.

I can ping the Win 7 system from the Mac (and vice versa), but I cannot get
a connection between the Hippo or Meerkat client and the Win 7-based OpenSim
server.

Is anyone doing this?  Any suggestions for changes to network or other
settings?

--
Tinker  :  lovejoysim.com  :  We ran away from the circus to be accountants