[Opensim-dev] Unable to log estate manager in after standalone upgrade to 0.7

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 10:58:03 UTC 2010

Hi
  When trying to upgrade my 0.6.9 standalone region to 0.7 I hit a problem.
 I use MySQL, apart from that the 0.6.9 was a straight forward install on
Vista 64-bit.  Single region, two users one of which was the 'master user'
(estate manager).  So I modified opensim.ini and
config-include/StandaloneCommon.ini to enable MySQL and ran
OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe - entered the name of the 0.6.9 region, and also
entered the name of the 0.6.9 master user as the estate manager.  All seemed
well.  However, I am unable to either of the users in - I get 'Login failed,
unable to retrieve user inventory' in the console and 'The inventory service
is not responding' in the client. I can create new users, and they log in
fine.  Since I had a DB backup I was able to revert to 0.6.9, create OAR and
IARs and get 0.7 up and running that way, but I'm wondering - did I miss a
step with the upgrade process?

Neil Canham
http://blog.knowsense.co.uk