[Opensim-dev] Inventory REST in OpenSim 0.7

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Tue Jul 27 14:05:40 UTC 2010

The simulator-bound REST API for inventory and other resources is from a
time when it wasn't clear what the simulator was supposed to do, and how
the different configurations (standalone, grid, etc) would play out.
That API is not used at all for normal function of a virtual world.

If you want to manipulate inventory you should be looking at developing
a dll that *uses* OpenSim.Services.Inventory in whatever other ways you
like. Then if you want those features to be available from the outside
(e.g. web) you need handlers similar to those in
OpenSim.Server.Handlers.Inventory