[Opensim-dev] Freeswitch Experiments - opensim_well_known_http_address

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:31:26 UTC 2010

In Opensim.ini there is a commented out [FreeSwitchVoice] section parameter

      opensim_well_known_http_address

Our testing seems to indicate this might not be use at all, or is not
handled as indicated in the accompanying comment to verify a client.

Does someone know about this enough to know if its an obsolete
parameter?  or if it is live if it does what it suggested in
opensim.ini?  If it is live, it is very odd that no port is specified
if its meant to indicate a HTTP port, as that cannot be sensibly
defaulted in this context I would think anyway.

It would be good to clear up these things as FreeSwitch configuration
and testing has been something that has thrown a lot of folks, and it
took us some time to get our setup working even with very helpful
advice from others along the way.