[Opensim-dev] MOAP : avatar appearance works fine now

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 09:47:49 UTC 2010

I would like to add that I can log in to the current MOAP with Simian
Frontend release (13-Jul-2010 13260) with the Second Life 2 Beta Test
latest viewer... Second Life 2.1.0 (206543) too.

I note just three things that are not quite right with this setup and
viewer which I am sure that Justin will be aware of, but just so he
is aware of the tests to date...

a) the prim with media on a face needs to have one click on it before
the media/web page shows even though  auto play of media is set to
true in preferences,.

b) my avatar body parts and clothing does not survive a relog, though
I can wear it again straight away when I come back in by manually
dropping the folder onto my avatar or selecting to replace or add to
my appearance.

c) before Enrico used the Simian front end, the Second Life Viewer 2
Beta showed the media on a prim, but the avatar (and others in world
nearby) always appeared as a cloud.

Cheers, thanks to you, and a VERY BIG thanks to Justin for stating to
look at MOAP in Opensim, which I think is an important development.