[Opensim-dev] Minor suggestion for config-include example files for 0.7 standalone

Mark Malewski mark.malewski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:10:39 UTC 2010

Austin,

*> I have been tensing the setup process for a brand new 00.7 standalone...*

Since you're starting off with a fresh 0.7 install, could you please take
the time to write up an updated step-by-step tutorial on the WIKI pages?

*> **the current StandaloneCommon.ini.example sets up for one cache setup -
*
*> choosing CenomeCache. This means one extra step to get a very basic *
*> system up and running*

Please just take the time to jot it down on a new/updated 0.7 WIKI tutorial
page (step-by-step tutorial for new/fresh installs).  I believe having a
cache system (by default) would seem to be the most logical choice, but
please just put the various options down on a "step-by-step" WIKI tutorial
page for 0.7.

I would think having a cache mechanism by default would be the most logical
choice, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to include the code snippet (and a
description with a disclaimer explaining that it could/will cause problems
without an asset cache) for those that choose to try and not use an asset
cache.

If you need some help with creating/updating the page, let me know.

            Thanks,

              Mark