[Opensim-dev] 0.7 RC2 problems

Fly Man fly.man.opensim at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 14:45:28 UTC 2010

Nebadon,

The issues are not in the source package but the precompiled version. When
trying to run Robust.32BitLaunch.exe the following is being displayed on
screen

(see attached image)

In English, it failed to initialise the .NET 4 layers because it lacks the
bits on the machine.

Since these are all Windows machines that are only running .NET 3.5 on it,
it's rather strange that the source has been compiled with .NET 4.0 and then
released.

And yes, when I compile the RC2 myself with the .NET 3.5 parser and VS2010
there's no issue being mentioned.

I just find it strange that before all releases are being released with .NET
3.5 and all of a sudden the latest is compiled with .NET 4.0 which isn't
officially released yet