[Opensim-dev] FritzBox 7390 without NAT loopback??

Dirk Krause dirk.krause at pixelpark.com
Fri Jul 2 16:18:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just bought the new Fritzbox 7390 despite it's hefty pricetag.

To add insult to injury I cannot use the OpenSimulator anymore from the
'inside' of the LAN/WAN, only from the outside, the client hangs on
'connecting to region' (but the user shows up on the opensim via 'show
users').

This behavior is documented on the Wiki here: http://bit.ly/9IgiVX  It
says there that it is most likely that the router doesn't support NAT
loopback. On the other hand all Fritzboxes support that (as is mentioned
in the list http://bit.ly/Cjy0O ) and I would expect that the top of the
line galaxy version of the Boxes does.

So I opened a support ticket at AVM (in case it's simply a bug in the
firmware), but my question is - is there another explanation for this
behavior? What am I doing wrong maybe? The same configuration with a
different router worked flawlessy.

Is there anyone out there with a 7390 that can confirm it works for
her/him?

Thanks,
  Dirk