[Opensim-dev] some scalability tests...

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 00:18:31 UTC 2010

Grid mode. Connected to SciSim. Thanks to some help from Brian, we put the
Yellowstone National Park terrain on it today. I think Brian said it works
out to about a 1:10 scale. With the far view distance its pretty impressive
(terrain textures are borked). The performance is terrible, but good enough
to look around some. Even a completely empty region consumes resources and
1000 of them consume a LOT of resources. If you come over to sciencesim,
look for "geography11 00". I'll probably be restarting the regions to get
the map tiles updated & i'm not making any promises to keep it up very long.
But it does make for a very neat demonstration and its been a very useful
experiment.

--mic