[Opensim-dev] Refactoring status (take 2)

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Wed Jan 20 02:59:20 UTC 2010

An FYI on the progress of the presence-refactor branch.

Everything has been rewritten in the new style, and things are working.
The branch has been in testing for the past week, and it's nice to see
some people not being afraid to check that branch out and have a go at it.

The merge with master hasn't happened yet, because of two and a half
outstanding issues: (1) the friends feature hasn't been redone,
therefore friends don't work in the branch yet; (2) SQLite, same; (0.5)
HG is still in the process of being redone, it doesn't completely work
in the branch yet.

HG is only 0.5-an-issue because I don't hold the merge back on account
of HG not working, and I don't think anyone does either; it can be fixed
after the merge and before 0.7 is tagged. However, the other two,
especially SQLite, seem to worry people a lot, including Melanie who
wants to take care of it before the merge happens.

For now, it would be great if people who can do it on their own, check
the branch out and test things  (on test DBs only please!).
If anyone is in a hurry, help with SQLite and Friends would be most
welcome, so that we get the merge done sooner. Melanie probably won't do
it before next week.

Crista / Diva