[Opensim-dev] OGP module and the grand re-factor...

David W Levine dwl at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 7 22:01:07 UTC 2010

There's an interesting thought lurking there. Some of these choices are
going to be made by the grid builders,
not the protocol builders. I think, in a *lot* of cases, Meadhbh is right.
The visiting avatar's home  grid will
be holding inventory and assets will be scattered on services as that grid
(and possibly user) chooses.

That said, nothing prevents a region from allowing its users to say "Hey,
Jacob SillyAvatarName at Grid1.vwcompany.com"  should
be managed persistently here in a relationship with "Jacob
Smith at localGrid.vwfreegrid.org" my identity here. I'm strongly in favor
of delegating as many of these choices as possible to the grids, and the
services they deploy and trying very hard to prejudge
what the grid creators and ultimately end users will want.

- David / Zha