[Opensim-dev] User services refactoring status

Mic Bowman cmickeyb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:11:37 UTC 2010

The interfaces have always existed. They were undocumented & scattered
across files, but you can't have a distributed system without interfaces.
What you've done is make them "less" internal, slightly better documented,
and moved to a single set of files (and improved them). It's a commitment to
a stable set of well-understood interfaces that makes extensibility possible
(or more accurately... "cost-effective"). Whether they're in an I* file is
mostly a matter of convenience.

BTW... this is not a complaint about the work that is being done. Or about
the refactoring. This is good stuff. And a commitment to treating them like
real, persistent interfaces is the next step.

--mic